Friday 13 May 2011

What a girl wants....this winter

Hello everybody! I know I have been absolutely terrible lately, but with schoolwork etc...you know how it gets. Anyway, had a fabulous idea of a post today, which is also extremely relevant. 
It is absolutely freezing down here in Melbourne at the moment, which I initially despised, but I am beginning to love it as it means I get to wear all of my new clothes for winter. The other day I went for a big shop and bought a couple of wonderful pieces, that I thought I absolutely had to show you! 

Firstly, a faux fur vest. I am a gal on a budget, so when I saw this one in Just Jeans for only $50, I thought it was a must-have. This sleeveless Fur Gillet is in a mocha colour, which was exactly what I was looking for. Now, the really random thing is that this is actually a piece for children. I really wanted a cropped vest, so a girls 14 was the perfect fit. You can also pick up one that looks very similar at: Forever New or Pilgrim. 
I am planning on wearing this vest with two different looks. Firstly one for day, skinny jeans, black ankle boots, a black long sleeve and the vest. And one for night, black high ankle boots, black tights, a black flowy dress (which i am still to find), and the vest. What are your thoughts? 


I have been thinking about getting a pair of heeled black boots for a little while now. I figure, in winter, with jeans and a jacket, or with tights and a dress, they could look very stylish. I picked up these in the Myer 25% off boots sale today. They are by the brand Windsor Smith, but I literally found five pairs that were really similar. With the sale discount, they came to $120. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but mum said they were good quality and I would get a lot of wear out of them. 


And the last thing I bought was this little Sportsgirl vest. I haven't been looking for one or anything, but I just thought it was cute to wear with a white long sleeved tee, skinny jeans and ankle boots. And for only $40, I thought it was quite a steal!


So that's what I have been up to today. Have you guys found any must haves for winter? 


Love S xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment