Friday 30 December 2011

Christmas Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing


I sure know how to make a mess, don't I? The truth is these Christmas cookies were rather ambitious. I wouldn't call myself a great baker, so I did require quite a bit of help from mum, but, I have to say the result was worth it. I used this recipe, and was quite impressed. I originally, and stupidly, used an American recipe which called for ingredients I didn't have - turns out substituting doesn't really work. Whoops. I bought some cookie cutters from Ikea, so that I could make festive shaped cookies. I love the idea of American Christmas cookies, so I thought I would make Royal Icing and truly re-create them. I used this recipe here, and added different food colouring. It might have been a 4 hour long process, but they were delicious and very 'Christmasey'

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

No comments:

Post a Comment