Tuesday 5 April 2011

My home away from home



What is it that I love about the city? It's not the smell of the street vendors, or the big lights, or even the park...it's more than that. It's the sheer confidence of those who live within. 
They have a certain edge to their fashion sense, not that kind of North Fitzroy 'I am so much better than all of you..so I am going to wear my jeans too tight and the biggest combat boots I can find.' No, it's not like that at all, it's that kind of 'I can wear whatever I want, whenever I want because I know people won't judge' kind of attitude. That kind of atmosphere where it is socially acceptable to wear a Burberry printed hat, or Hunter gumboots when it's not snowing, or Ralph Lauren bathers with horses all over them.
I absolutely love it, and can't wait to venture back there sometime soon. After all..it is the only place where I can wear a full length fur without looking like an utter nutcase.

Goodbye...for now,

Love Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment