Friday 7 October 2011

Apple and Berry Crumble


Today I thought I would be domestic and make something perhaps a little more challenging than what I'm used to. Enter: Apple and Mixed Berry Crumble. I used this recipe here. I know it doesn't look difficult, but for a completely unexperienced chef, this was tough work! I have always loved hot desserts, (chocolate puddings were always the desired treat on our birthdays) so it was a no brainer that fruity crumble would be the way to go! The thing I like about this recipe is that it uses a lot of fruit. We decided to combine the two kinds of fruit so again, I could call this recipe my own. After only 30 minutes in the oven, I was able to create a dish with soft, delicious fruit and a delightful golden crumble. 

{Flour, brown sugar, and rolled oats combined together with butter to create a crust}

{I like to serve mine with cream or ice-cream}

No comments:

Post a Comment