Monday 3 October 2011

DIY Monday's

Today I decided to get a little creative. I am currently in the process of redecorating my room. See my progress here and here. I am happy with most of the main spaces, such as my desk and dresser, but my room was missing something. I soon worked out that it was those little knick knacks that make a space a little more personal. I invested in some Crabtree and Evelyn candles, but I still thought there was something else that I could add that would really complete the look of my room. I found the answer to this problem in my garden at Portsea. I decided to cut some of the lavender that lines our driveway, and put it to good use. Lavender is my favourite flower because of the colour, the scent, and the wonderful fact that they stay looking fresh for such a long time. The DIY side of things came into play when I decided what I would put my fresh flowers in. Opting for something a little more interesting than a regualar glass vase, I searched my refrigerator for a glass jar that was no longer needed. I found a great looking jam jar that worked a treat. 

 {The flower shop}

{My blank canvas}

{My (easy) finished result}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment